The General Authority for Zakat and Tax (GAZT) introduced a general extension of three months for filing tax returns and tax payments for registered taxpayers as a part of the stimulus package announced by the Saudi Government in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.The extensions are for period from 18 March to 30 June 2020 as follows:
- Tax/Zakat: Return filing dates will be postponed until 31 July for taxpayers with a December year-end, certificates will be issued without restrictions for the year 2019
- VAT: Monthly Return filing dates for VAT will be postponed until 30 June, 31 July, 31 August, 30 September for the February, March, April, and May periods.
- Excise tax: Excise Tax Return for March and April is now due on 15 August 2020.
- Withholding tax: Filing dates for submission of returns are now due on the 10th of July, August, and September for the March, April and May periods.
- Delay penalties: Taxpayers are exempted from late (delay) penalties for the submission of returns and the associated payments for all taxes (listed above) that fall due within the period starting from 18 March to 30 June 2020.
Source: GAZT Tax Return Filing Dates for March - June 2020