Transportation

If transportation services involving transporting goods from the UAE mainland to the port where such goods are intended for Export can be zero rated ?

Replies
SAJITH N08/03/2020 23:18:59

For the transporter it needs to be established beforehand that he has been engaged in the course of international transportation and is not a separate transportation service...please refer Art 33.1.d It shud be evident that commencement of transportation is in the course of international shipment itself...mere transportation of goods from mainland to DZ does not constitute international transport services

0 Like  
Nusrat Abbas09/03/2020 13:12:54

If these services are the part of International Movement of Goods hence need to obtain the copy or number of ED/ID or BL. So sufficient evidences are there to treat it 0% either transportation services of international goods & services from/to UAE.

0 Like  
Tejveer Singh10/03/2020 15:44:01

We are receiving different -different type cases. Where FTA is imposing penalties in the same nature of business and providing refund in same cases. Do you have any public clarification in this regarding from FTA.

0 Like  
SAJITH N10/03/2020 15:56:54

FTA has not issued a public clarification on this matter. But in 2018 in one of their sessions they had addressed scenario of VAT treatment on subcontracted transportation services and it was communicated that the services of the subcontractor can be zero rated (slide from the session is available with me). It could be that in some of the cases you have come across they were unable to justify that they had been subcontracted as part of international transportation. Article 33 (1d) of ER specifically address such scenarios and that it can be zero rated.

0 Like  
Tejveer Singh11/03/2020 08:20:25

Can you please share slide of the session ? Email I'd tejveersingh10@gmail.com Thanks

0 Like  
SAJITH N11/03/2020 15:41:47

@Tejveer, i have emailed them to you.

0 Like  

Reply :

Login to reply. click here

Q&A

Submit Query